Re: What's happened to Midwest Supplies?

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:12 pm

So it is true they were purchased by Northern Brewer?

Also, they didn't ship the ice pack I paid for, so I had 3 vials of yeast in the summer sun for who knows how long :evil:
Disraeli Eers

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Holy S@#$!
Ship yeast without icepacks, in this recent heat! Did any survive? I would go to the bank and dispute the charge, get a chargeback or something.
Beer, what all good things are built upon!
Primary:
Lagering:
On tap: Wharfside Porter
On tap: Braw Jock
Planning: Sanguinity Amber Ale, Lauging Parrot Pale Ale, and Screaming Parrot IPA
brewindruid

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:10 pm

You guys haven't even seen the heat yet. It's still stuck by us & straight south.... just wait a few more days :twisted: But seriously... this shit sucks.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:19 pm

You can have it!!!!!
My son is stationed at Pendleton, and just happened to be on his way through Az this past weekend. No AC in either vehicle. He said it was hot, but not as bad as shen it is nearly three digits here and 90% humidity!
I brew early in the morning now, as it is still too warm even later in the evening.

I do so miss New England!
Primary:
Lagering:
Planning: Sanguinity Amber Ale, Lauging Parrot Pale Ale, and Screaming Parrot IPA
brewindruid

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:27 pm

brewindruid wrote:You can have it!!!!!
My son is stationed at Pendleton, and just happened to be on his way through Az this past weekend. No AC in either vehicle. He said it was hot, but not as bad as shen it is nearly three digits here and 90% humidity!
I brew early in the morning now, as it is still too warm even later in the evening.

I'll agree with that. 90's up here in the mountains is bad enough, but growing up in West Michigan with 100+ & 99.9% humidity is the worst. We're on the upper edge of this current wave, Nevada's getting heat-raped right now. From the forecast, it looks like it's finally going to start moving again in a couple two tree days. It's been parked here for too damned long.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Ozwald wrote:

I'll agree with that. 90's up here in the mountains is bad enough, but growing up in West Michigan with 100+ & 99.9% humidity is the worst. We're on the upper edge of this current wave, Nevada's getting heat-raped right now. From the forecast, it looks like it's finally going to start moving again in a couple two tree days. It's been parked here for too damned long.

I forgot Ozzzy, you were an Michigan boy. I was in E. Lansing too long. Two a days in the summer were horrible. Two gallon jugs each practice.
The winters rocked though!!!1
Are you going to try for Grand Rapids next year?

Scott
Primary:
Lagering:
brewindruid

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:21 pm

brewindruid wrote:
Ozwald wrote:

I forgot Ozzzy, you were an Michigan boy. I was in E. Lansing too long. Two a days in the summer were horrible. Two gallon jugs each practice.
The winters rocked though!!!1
Are you going to try for Grand Rapids next year?

Scott

I thought about it. I lived in G.R for a couple years, but I was mostly on the lakeshore - Holland, Saugatuck. Right now both of my jobs are 7 days/wk. One I own (which is the only reason I'm able to move right now) and the other is a contract. So I'm still technically self-employed even though I'm under a parent company. If I need time off, I'm responsible for hiring someone to take over & after doing this contract for 15 months I still haven't found anyone I can trust to take care of my customers. The parent company is worthless & has already cost me too many customers; I just can't afford to lose any more & turn a profit. I was hoping my own company would be able to support me by next summer, but it's still moving pretty slow so I'm going to have to renew my contract again. There's a chance, but all things considered, it's a very very slim chance.

P.S. I wouldn't call myself a Michigan boy at all. Moving to Montucky was like coming home. I loved the water & the woods, but I never fit in back east. I visited Montana for 1 weekend & knew instantly that this was where I was always supposed to be. A funny story, I was hanging out in the tap room of a brewery I worked at here in Montana & was chatting with a regular who I'd never really talked to before. I'd been in Montana for about 10 months at the time. After a half hour or so he asked me where I grew up & when I told him I was a recent transplant you should've seen the look in the guy's eyes. He said something along the lines of, "My family has been in this valley for 5 generations & I'm not half the Montanan that you are." It was pretty funny. It was weird coming to a place on a whim/stroke of luck & just knowing on a subconscious level that I was supposed to be here all along. The fact that I grew up in Michigan was just an unfortunate circumstance. :)
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Home is where the heart is Lee, I find that to be very much a truism.

I was brought up on the Jersey Shore, moved around too many times to count. The only place that truly feels like home was always and still is the Jersey Shore. I didn't care much for Mich and care even less for the South, but the family is here and we are close!
With my son and daughter living in Cali it leaves me more time with my folks.

Hope things work out for the biz man! I remain undecided about GR.
Primary:
Lagering:
brewindruid

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Ingredients