Lagunitas

Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:37 pm

I attended the American Craft Beer Festival in Boston yesterday. First off, it was awesome....I went there with 2 goals (ok 3 if you include getting drunk, but duh...). My 2 goals were to try Lagunitas and 21st Amendment beers. Can't find them around here and I hear about them all the time....Searched around and found 21st Amendment. Awesome beer as I expected it to be. Took me a while longer to find Lagunitas. Now I know why...The guy (one guy) showed up late for the event (at 1pm) and when I got there, there was no banner whatsoever...Just the printer copy of the name of the brewery. Additionally, all that was there to tell the difference between the 2 beers was a handwritten sign on a piece of printer paper. Aren't they a more well off brewery then this? I should be clear, the beer was good, no question. However, the presentation was second class and that is really not what I expected. Felt like they phoned it in to the east coast......
Bruck

Re: Lagunitas

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:09 am

Bruck wrote:My 2 goals were to try Lagunitas and 21st Amendment beers. Can't find them around here and I hear about them all the time

Julio's in Westboro, MA has these beers on a regular basis. Not too far of a drive from Vernon for good beer. I went there last year to look for Brown Shugga, but I went too late and they ran out.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Sounds like someone was ill prepared.
Does anyone know why you have to call to order something online from their gift store? I want that bottle opener ( mine broke and this whole use a lighter thing sucks) however I'm not a fan of calling people and have put it off for a month now... Time to crawl back under my rock, (p)ants off folks.
SpaceKadetKiwi

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:45 am

SpaceKadetKiwi wrote:Sounds like someone was ill prepared.
Does anyone know why you have to call to order something online from their gift store? I want that bottle opener ( mine broke and this whole use a lighter thing sucks) however I'm not a fan of calling people and have put it off for a month now... Time to crawl back under my rock, (p)ants off folks.

That is weird you have to call...I emailed them and asked, I'll post back with an answer.

Keep trying the lighter, it's all about leverage!!
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3109411/how_to_open_a_beer_with_a_lighter/
"It's really easy to make shitty beer."
jwatkins56550

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:35 am

Remember a lot of these fests are run by local wholesalers too, I was at one earlier this month and i swear 1/2 the breweries just grabbed the 1st homeless person they saw that knew how to run a tap.

I think Sierra Nevada was the only one who had a "company sponsored" rep at the tent, oh and the hot Guiness girls : )
And anyone I talked to at those tents knew next to nothing about the product aside from "this is a brown" this is "like a light lager"
PFC BN Army Southeastern PA Division
http://www.barefootlionbrewing.blogspot.com
BarefootLion

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:54 am

Sounds like someones FedEx shipment of banners and literature didn't make it.

That said...I'm a huge Lagunita's fan....Haven't found one yet that I don't like.

interesting factoid...I was at 3 Floyds this weekend and got a private tour. The GM was pointing out their various new fermenters and such and pointed to 3 in the back and their new bottling/capping set up..said they bought it all from Lagunita's.
mthhurley

Return to Beer Reviews