Dogfish head imperial pilsner

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:03 am

I had this a few days ago in the DFH pub. A very nice big lager at 7.5% ABV but not too big despite it being "imperial", nice and hoppy (apparently it is continually hopped like their 90 minute and 60 minute IPAs.) Maybe a touch too sweet like the 90 minute IPA. I'd give it a B+!

i o p h o n
iophon

Re: Dogfish head imperial pilsner

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:47 pm

I'm assuming you're speaking of the My Antonia? I'm really hoping this shows up in stores down here in GA. I've been on a total Pilsner kick lately and would love to try Dogfish Head's.

Anyone up for a trade? Sweetwater (one of our local Atlanta breweries) has an Imperial Pilsner out right now that I could trade for and would be great to compare with.

-Cameron
@clstokes

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:41 pm

I tried it in the pub, tasted pretty good but too sweet. Better than the 90 minute IPA which is cloying in my opinion. I don't think they have it in bottles yet but I'll know this weekend when I head on up the the beach close by.

My home brew is much better than anything I have tasted from DFH recently.

FWIW and YMMV and WTF,
Steve da sleeve
stevedasleeve

Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:37 pm

stevedasleeve wrote:I tried it in the pub, tasted pretty good but too sweet. Better than the 90 minute IPA which is cloying in my opinion. I don't think they have it in bottles yet but I'll know this weekend when I head on up the the beach close by.

My home brew is much better than anything I have tasted from DFH recently.

FWIW and YMMV and WTF,
Steve da sleeve

If you're talking My Antonia, it's definitely in bottles. I was in delaware and there were some at the liquor store.... should have bought one (I liked it a lot).
Secondary:
Nothing :(

On Tap:
- Nothing :(
Dublicious

Return to Beer Reviews