Angels Share 2008 WTF!!??

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:37 pm

I have been saving this one for a while and finally opened it for the wife and I's 9th aniversary. It was awfull, totally flat and had so much hot solventy alcohol it burned going down! I could detect a complex beer underneath but ended up dumping it because the hot alcohol just ruined it. A friend had picked this up for me a while back and the price tag on read $30.99! which I had reimbersed my friend for. I was pretty pissed. I've heard a lot of good things about lost abbey and enjoyed one of their other beers before so I was expecting a lot out of this. I've heard others post good things about other vintages of angels share, any one know what happened to this one? Anyway I'm posting this as a warning for others stay away from the 2008 vintage if you come across it.

Lucky for me Big sky had an imperial pils on tap that soothed my angered soul enough to enjoy a night without the kids.

Prost!
PB
Main Entry: zymurgist
Part of Speech: n
Definition: a scientist who studies the chemical process of fermentation in brewing and distilling; also, by extension, a brewer
Pharmbrewer

Re: Angels Share 2008 WTF!!??

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:52 am

Try searching BeerAdvocate.com for all of the threads regarding flat Lost Abbey bottles. Not sure but you may be able to be refunded from the brewery. This is well known that they are flat.
The time is near the mission clear,
Its later than you think, before you slip
into the night you'll want something to drink.
NHBrewer

Return to Beer Reviews