Any word of NHC 2013 Hotel?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:49 pm

I know I can't make reservations for months, but has any word of what hotel is hosting the 2013 NHC leaked yet? I'm dying to scout out the area.
"Well...I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer."
-Jim Morrison, "Road House Blues"
Guido

Re: Any word of NHC 2013 Hotel?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:52 pm

I've heard talk of Center City, where ever the hell that is ( don't know Philadelphia ). I heard from a AHA GC member (not Justin) that the details are still being worked out so no announcement on the hotel yet.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:15 pm

TheDarkSide wrote:I've heard talk of Center City, where ever the hell that is ( don't know Philadelphia ). I heard from a AHA GC member (not Justin) that the details are still being worked out so no announcement on the hotel yet.

I don't know Philly either, but I have a good idea where it's at.
Guido

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:57 pm

I know Center City. Good spot. Easy public transportation to most of the great beer bars.

My wife is from there, so she is making me go this year. :D
Brandt

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Brandt wrote:I know Center City. Good spot. Easy public transportation to most of the great beer bars.

My wife is from there, so she is making me go this year. :D

I assume we're talking the Broad Street area, approximately? Definitely need public transportation.
Guido

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Wife says Market st. East of City Hall (with statue of Franklin.) I don't know for certain the boundaries. I do know that some of the best beer bars (Devil's Den, Memphis Taproom, Brigids) are a long walk from there and no metro stops nearby. I never did bother to figure out the bus schedules. However, Monks is in that area and should be on everyone's list to visit.
Brandt

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Brandt wrote:Wife says Market st. East of City Hall (with statue of Franklin.) I don't know for certain the boundaries. I do know that some of the best beer bars (Devil's Den, Memphis Taproom, Brigids) are a long walk from there and no metro stops nearby. I never did bother to figure out the bus schedules. However, Monks is in that area and should be on everyone's list to visit.

Monks is a definite. It's such a small place; it'll be packed to the rafters.
Guido

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Guido, How familiar are you with the beer scene there? I've just sort of stumbled upon things in Philly. All the beer menu websites seem to be months out of date, so I can't count on that info. Last visit was in March and we literally tripped over the entrance to Devil's Den while looking for something else. It turned out to be one of my favorite bars in the Philladelphia!
Brandt

Next

Return to Beer Events