Re: NHC Philly

Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:48 pm

WOOO HOOO! I just got notification that I am off the waiting list for the banquet!
Ranger, West Point - Hessian Lake Division
Hessian Lake Brewing
Hessian Lake

Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:22 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:And Justin saying how he doesn't see how they will sell out and there will be plenty for everyone, then seeming as baffled as the hot cheerleader giving out handies when people jump on the offer as soon as it's given out...

Which line do I join for the handie?

love

g
"in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"....a person not quite as plastered as the rest (not a quote by RSM grod of the BN Army)
grod

Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 pm

grod wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:And Justin saying how he doesn't see how they will sell out and there will be plenty for everyone, then seeming as baffled as the hot cheerleader giving out handies when people jump on the offer as soon as it's given out...

love

g

Behind me...
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:17 am

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:
grod wrote:

love

g

Behind me...

It'll be easier on you if you just turn around... assuming you don't have double-joints and/or amazing flexibility.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:56 am

Hessian Lake wrote:WOOO HOOO! I just got notification that I am off the waiting list for the banquet!

Congrats!!
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Given that the NHC is getting super high demand with very limited time windows for attendance registration and predominately planned/run by local area homebrew clubs, how does the AHA handle registration for local folks helping to put the event on? Do they reserve enough spots for the local homebrewers helping with the event prior to opening the registration to everyone else? Just curious. It would really suck if the local guys hosting the event and the greater local area homebrew clubs that can bring beer to the event for club night were not able to attend because all the non-beer bringing wankers from Europe, Australia, Canada, and non-driving distance Mericans bought all the available tickets. Club night and social suite hours are great, but I could see it tanking if the above scenario was not planned for.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Eagle-
We had that exact problem last year in Seattle.
The AHA added a bunch (maybe 200?) club night only passes for local guys that missed the window.
That at least covered club night, but there were still a bunch of pissed off people.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:00 am

I hate to say it, but maybe the AHA should go to a tiered registration process where all members of clubs helping to put on the event have a week to register for the conference, then open it up to the rest of us.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Events