Re: NHC competition

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:
CRBrewHound wrote:
Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:I think your comments are related to growth issues, but your reaction was different.

Please clarify?

You want to fix it. You're not just walking away.

If I was really dedicated to fixing it I would get off my ass and go do something about it. Guess I am just an ideological drunk.
CRBrewHound

Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Just received this email from the AHA in case you really want to try to get that entry in:

The AHA has been actively working to troubleshoot the multiple unfortunate issues that arose with the 2013 National Homebrew Competition (NHC) registration. We are deeply sorry for the difficulties. Here is where things stand with the competition as of Friday, March 8:
There are 450 total entry spots remaining in five competition judge centers. The AHA will re-open registration for these remaining spots on Monday, March 11. Not all judge centers have remaining entry spots; some are already at capacity. Please note: per the existing competition rules and regulations, participants with entries in a region that has reached capacity will not be able to add entries in a different region.
• Entry registration re-opens at 3:00 pm EDT/2:00 pm CDT/1:00 pm MDT/12:00 pm PDT on Monday, March 11.
• Entry registration will remain open until capacity is reached for all judge centers, or until the originally-scheduled close of registration at 2:00 pm EDT/1:00 pm CDT/12:00 pm MDT/11:00 am PDT on March 15, 2013.
• If you already have entries in a judge center that has not reached its entry capacity, you may submit additional entries (up to the competition limit of 15) in that region only.
• If you already have entries in a judge center that is full, you will not be able to submit additional entries.
• The original shipping information and deadlines remain in effect.
Get a Head Start
To streamline entry registration on Monday, we encourage you to set up a new user profile or verify your existing user information in the system now. Select an open judge center and create your user profile or check your existing information by logging in to the center where you plan to enter.
Remember, entry registration doesn't re-open until Monday afternoon as specified above, but you can set up or verify your user profile at any time between now and then.
When all 2013 NHC issues are fully resolved, the AHA will share an update on what occurred and where we are headed from here. In the meantime, please accept our staff's apologies for the problems and frustrations with this year's NHC registration. We greatly appreciate your patience and support through this process.
Regards,
Janis Gross
Competition Director
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 am

I got locked out of the entry process. I preregistered and waited patiently until 2:00 CDT. I refreshed the page a few times between 2:00 and 2:03 before the site said registration was open with over 100 entries left in that region. However I was never given the option to add entries under the "My Info and Entries" tab, per the "help" section. At 2:04, the maximum number of entries had been reached.

Can it be possible that over 100 entries were recorded and paid for in less than 3 minutes?

Very disappointing.

It was going to be my first competition after six years of listening to Jamil, Gordon, Nathan, etc telling us to go for it.
Brandt

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:27 pm

just an update from my end-

I logged on at 3 pm EST to enter just 3 more entries in Kansas City. I had no problem getting my entries submitted, but when I went to pay, I got "error syntax" message.

Just checked back an hour and a half later and after logging in the three entries I just submitted are now not there anymore! WTF?
My old entries are still there from before, but the new ones have mysteriously vanished even though it said I got in before the capacity of 750 was reached. Anyone else have this happen to them?
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm

I also registered in Kansas City. Wonder if other regions had similar glitches?
Brandt

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Just got an email from the KC site coordinator. Turns out it was a problem for everyone.
Brandt

Previous

Return to Beer Events