NHC competition

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:25 am

Wasn't today the day registration for the competition was supposed to open up?
Sharkguy05
PFC - East Coast Division
"Your never to drunk to fall off the floor"

Tap:
Kats Sour puss
Dunkelweisse
Big Fat Bock
Crystal satan
Fermenting:
Wise Bugg
sharkguy05

Re: NHC competition

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 am

Nope. From the AHA website:

"The 2013 National Homebrew Competition (NHC) online registration will open on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. MST."
trouble brewin

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:09 am

Tomorrow (2/26) already on my calendar so I don't forget - 3pm for us East Coasters!!
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:32 am

TheDarkSide wrote:Tomorrow (2/26) already on my calendar so I don't forget - 3pm for us East Coasters!!

Some reason i had it marked for today
sharkguy05

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 pm

Speaking of the competition...

I was wondering what category an imperial chocolate milk stout should be placed in? I have one that I brewed that came out better than expected. The gravity is higher than the sweet stout category and also the adjunct of coco nibs makes me think it should go in the specialty section?

What are your thoughts army?
theobrew

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:46 pm

I just watch a video on youtube and the guy said that chocolate beers have to go in the spice beer category. He read the BJCP style and it listed many chocolate stouts,

Commercial Examples: Alesmith Speedway Stout, Founders Breakfast Stout, Traquair Jacobite Ale, Rogue Chipotle Ale, Young’s Double Chocolate Stout, Bell’s Java Stout, Fraoch Heather Ale, Southampton Pumpkin Ale, Rogue Hazelnut Nectar, Hitachino Nest Real Ginger Ale, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Left Hand JuJu Ginger Beer, Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, Dogfish Head Midas Touch, Redhook Double Black Stout, Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale, BluCreek Herbal Ale, Christian Moerlein Honey Almond, Rogue Chocolate Stout, Birrificio Baladin Nora, Cave Creek Chili Beer
NervousDad

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:45 am

theobrew wrote:Speaking of the competition...

I was wondering what category an imperial chocolate milk stout should be placed in? I have one that I brewed that came out better than expected. The gravity is higher than the sweet stout category and also the adjunct of coco nibs makes me think it should go in the specialty section?

What are your thoughts army?

Close your eyes & taste it. Does it taste like the gravity is too high? Is the chocolate up front & an obvious flavor? Enter it based on how it tastes & not the actual numbers or ingredients. Just my $0.02.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:02 am

So, I have not done this before. Where do we go to register? The NHC site obviously, but is there a link on there somewhere or do we have to log into the store and do it that way? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.
mach5

Next

Return to Beer Events