Re: NHC Pre-conference Events

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:20 am

Got tickets for the South tour for me and my buddies. Woot!
"Well...I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer."
-Jim Morrison, "Road House Blues"
Guido

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:48 am

Guido wrote:Got tickets for the South tour for me and my buddies. Woot!

Woot Woot...see you on the bus. Just remember...no heat.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:54 am

TheDarkSide wrote:
NervousDad wrote:I'm surprised that they chose Flying Fish over Yards since it is in the city and Victory over Troegs. I guess they wanted to keep them close to the Iron Hill Pubs.

It may have been who was willing to participate as well or if it fit into the brewer's schedule. TheTodd may know more.

I'm excited to try Iron Hill. I've never been but I hear a lot of people talk about them.

We approached both Victory and Troegs. Unfortunately, Troegs was unable to accomodate that many people.

We didn't approach any of the breweries in the city because they are so easy for people to get to on their own. If you are interested in sticking to Philadelphia locales, please fill out the Brewery Tour survey by April 15th. A continuously running shuttle is available throughout the day, but they need something like 400 tickets sold to run it. http://brewers.informz.net/Brewers/arch ... 67056.html
Corporal, BN Army, Southeastern PA Division
Vice President--Stoney Creek Homebrewers
TheTodd

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:31 pm

TheTodd wrote:
TheDarkSide wrote:
NervousDad wrote:I'm surprised that they chose Flying Fish over Yards since it is in the city and Victory over Troegs. I guess they wanted to keep them close to the Iron Hill Pubs.

It may have been who was willing to participate as well or if it fit into the brewer's schedule. TheTodd may know more.

I'm excited to try Iron Hill. I've never been but I hear a lot of people talk about them.

We approached both Victory and Troegs. Unfortunately, Troegs was unable to accomodate that many people.

We didn't approach any of the breweries in the city because they are so easy for people to get to on their own. If you are interested in sticking to Philadelphia locales, please fill out the Brewery Tour survey by April 15th. A continuously running shuttle is available throughout the day, but they need something like 400 tickets sold to run it. http://brewers.informz.net/Brewers/arch ... 67056.html

That makes sense :)
NervousDad

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:07 am

Looks like I'll be hosting the Victory bus, so sign up soon if you want to be on the fun bus. I have plans for some giveaways along the way.
Corporal, BN Army, Southeastern PA Division
Vice President--Stoney Creek Homebrewers
TheTodd

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Guido wrote:Got tickets for the South tour for me and my buddies. Woot!

I will be stretching my liver for BNA8. SGTSatan and I will be visiting DFH on Sunday, however. Have them hold a couple of bar stools for us. :wink:
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:10 pm

I'll be at the BJCP reception on Wed. so no tours for me. :(
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Previous

Return to Beer Events