Re: 2014 NHC Competition Registration ...

Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:43 am

Whitebeard_Brewer wrote:
TheDarkSide wrote:What gets me is there are reports of some regions that are not full. Someone on the AHA Forum said he put down he would ship to every region, but still didn't get in. Hopefully you'll hear something this week WBB!

Yup, got my email on Tuesday. 4 entries into Nashville....my first choice!!! WOOT!!!!!!

Now just gotta hope my chances are better at getting an invite to NHC!

Everything that Fred Bon Jour and Drew are saying on the AHA Forum suggests they can accommodate everyone that wants to go to the conference, but you never know. I definitely hope I get a spot since I already have my airfare. Otherwise, I'll just hangout at Hopcat all day and drink.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:36 pm

That's the hope. At least Founders is walking distance from Hopcat too. Lol
Vote for me, Daniel Fick, for 2014 AHA Governing Committee. Voting runs until 3/31/2014. There are 8 spots open this year so you get up to 8 votes. Please vote here: http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd
mors

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:52 pm

it is official now ... I ame one of the 125 poor bastards that were in the 4% that couldn't enter. Well ... I'll be ready for NHC 2015 and truely hope it is back in the West so that I can attend also.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:57 am

EagleDude wrote:it is official now ... I ame one of the 125 poor bastards that were in the 4% that couldn't enter. Well ... I'll be ready for NHC 2015 and truely hope it is back in the West so that I can attend also.

hold your horses. there is word afoot that there will be a third round and those who were not selected in the first two rounds will be offered spots in the judging locations that did not fill up but that were not in the entrants list of acceptable judging sites!

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=18441.0#lastPost
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"

-A. Einstein
morticaixavier

Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:06 pm

morticaixavier wrote:
EagleDude wrote:it is official now ... I ame one of the 125 poor bastards that were in the 4% that couldn't enter. Well ... I'll be ready for NHC 2015 and truely hope it is back in the West so that I can attend also.

hold your horses. there is word afoot that there will be a third round and those who were not selected in the first two rounds will be offered spots in the judging locations that did not fill up but that were not in the entrants list of acceptable judging sites!

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=18441.0#lastPost

Shit ... to celebrate my total lack of luck, I bought a lottery ticket and drank all the beer I bottled for the NHC comp. I'll put something together if the opportunity arises.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:26 am

2015 in San Deigo!!

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Previous

Return to Beer Events