NHC 2016

Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:11 pm

Anybody got any entries going in this year?

I got 5 into Indy. Now the trick is trying to figure out which 5 to enter. I have some clean, smooth, poundable lagers and some strong Belgians and Old Ale. Maybe the biere de garde will get a shot? Still deciding...
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Re: NHC 2016

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Sorry, can't make it this year.

Good Luck and have fun!
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:51 am

I only applied for Philly and got zero entries.

Looks like there won't be any booing this year though:

Homebrew Club Award Points

Based on input from the AHA Governing Committee’s Competition Subcommittee, the method for awarding the NHC Homebrew Club Award is changing. Starting with the 2016 competition, only the points from medals earned in the Final Round will be tallied to determine the winning club. Tiebreaker rules for this award have also been added. Please read Part IV Judging & Awards for the details.
breslinp

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:52 am

breslinp wrote:I only applied for Philly and got zero entries.

Looks like there won't be any booing this year though:

Homebrew Club Award Points

Based on input from the AHA Governing Committee’s Competition Subcommittee, the method for awarding the NHC Homebrew Club Award is changing. Starting with the 2016 competition, only the points from medals earned in the Final Round will be tallied to determine the winning club. Tiebreaker rules for this award have also been added. Please read Part IV Judging & Awards for the details.

Yes. I saw that and look forward to the new rules and how they play out.
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:26 pm

I got 4 entries going to St. Louis. 3 of these entries just got medals in the KCBM and Midwinter comps, so I'm hopeful.

My entries are going under my local club. I would love to see the BN win COTY again ;) . I'm not crazy about the new rules, as I see the same old clubs winning year after year, but then again, who cares.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:22 pm

TheDarkSide wrote:I got 4 entries going to St. Louis. 3 of these entries just got medals in the KCBM and Midwinter comps, so I'm hopeful.

My entries are going under my local club. I would love to see the BN win COTY again ;) . I'm not crazy about the new rules, as I see the same old clubs winning year after year, but then again, who cares.

Any ciders?
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:20 pm

brewinhard wrote:
TheDarkSide wrote:I got 4 entries going to St. Louis. 3 of these entries just got medals in the KCBM and Midwinter comps, so I'm hopeful.

Any ciders?

Yup...2 ciders 2 beers
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:22 am

Cool! Good luck. Judging is coming up soon. I will be bottling, packaging, and shipping my entries in the next couple days to Indy. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. In these things, freshness counts.
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Beer Events