Other activities?

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:56 am

Just putting a loose question out there, what do people do in their spare time other than brewing? What ohter hobbies or interest do you have?
kendrick81

Re: Other activities?

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Hmmmmm....

Besides raising two young kids (7 and 4), I also enjoy cooking at home, working out, hiking, and all things science.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:14 am

Two kids (7 & 4 as well) keep me pretty busy, but if I can get away I like wood working, hiking, and cooking ( but I do the cooking so only if I'm cooking for a different crowd).

Te only reason I get to brew is because I can get other stuff done in the long gaps of waiting. I really need to build an automated brewery so I can just set it and ignore it for a couple hours.
BN Army : Cannon Fodder Division

"Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying"
NateBrews

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:22 pm

All things science has me intrigued, what sort of things, home experiments and such or more so watching documentaries etc? im a huge geek when it comes to physics, i love the simplicity of complication!!!
kendrick81

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:10 am

Reading and gaming would be the two of my biggest spare time sinks. My time for those activities is increasingly shrinking, but I still love both.
Ralston

Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:25 am

Watching Sports or Listening songs. :jnj
Christofer

Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:09 pm

[quote="kendrick81"]All things science has me intrigued, what sort of things, home experiments and such or more so watching documentaries etc? im a huge geek when it comes to physics, i love the simplicity of complication!!![/quote

I have been teaching Biology to high school kids for 17 years now and still love getting them excited about the world around us. Just finished a fun, several day inquiry with microscopes comparing different types of cells. The kids loved it, and I did too!

I really enjoy learning about human evolution as well and have been dabbling a bit in astronomy. Anything to keep my mind moving!
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:15 pm

If you want some good, high level astronomy things to watch that are better than the stuff that is on TV (content wise, if not production wise), then look up Gresham College astronomy lectures on youtube.
BN Army : Cannon Fodder Division

"Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying"
NateBrews

Next

Return to Off Topic Stuff